Té.a.té provides the following services:
- Japanese style massage Shiatsu
- Japanese style foot massage Reflexology
- Traditional Chinese Medicine, including Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Cupping, Electro-stimulation and Chinese herbal medicine.
- Shiatsu and Acupuncture Fusion (SAF) Therapy:
Shiatsu is a treatment to stimulate pressure points (called “Tsubo”) located all over the body by using fingers & palms. The essence of Shiatsu is “diagnosis & therapy“. By using the sensory receptors which are in our hands, shiatsu therapists can feel for muscle stiffness and analyze the body’s condition.
Shiatsu works for muscle relaxation, circulating the body fluid, balancing the nervous system, endocrine system, skeletal system & digestive system and vitalizing skin. It is a great way to balance your body & mind, and to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Reflexology The feet are known as the “second heart”. By stimulating pressure points in the feet, we are able to improve function and promote healing in internal organs, glands, and muscles in the entire body.
The Japanese style of reflexology in the feet is good for treating acute pain, and for eliminating toxins from the body. The English style is helpful in stimulating the natural healing systems of the body.
Acupuncture promotes natural healing process in the body by stimulating acupuncture points. The theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine explains that the meridians run through various parts of the body, structures and organs, and provides pathways for Qi (energy) and blood circulation. When Qi or blood circulation is impeded, it causes obstructions in the meridians and dysfunctions of internal organs, eventually leading to diseases and disorders. Acupuncture treatments can help unblock meridians and restore free flow of Qi and blood in the body.
According to research, acupuncture has measurable physiological effects. When a needle is inserted into acupuncture points it not only increases the regional blood flow but also sends messages to the spinal cord and the brain. These stimulations induce the release of endogenous opioids, such as beta-endorphins, met-enkephalins and dynorphin, which help decrease pain perception in the body. The therapeutic effects of acupuncture is not limited to pain control, but also influences the immune system, gastrointestinal system and metabolism in the body. That’s why acupuncture is used extensively to treat so many different diseases and disorders.
Shiatsu and Acupuncture Fusion (SAF) Therapy The SAF therapy intertwines Shiatsu and Acupuncture to heal your body and mind, It will restore and balance your Qi energy. Your therapist would start with intake questions, pulse and tongue diagnosis. The SAF allows the therapist to reach a subtle energetic level which provides optimal health and mind & body restoration.
Conditions we treat:
- Pain disorders Headache, neck pain, shoulder pain,lower back pain, sciatica, knee pain, arthritis, shingles, fibromyalgia, whiplash and more.
- Sports or work Injury Sprains, muscle pain, tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis, tendonitis, knee pain, hip pain and more.
- Post stroke/neurological disorders Paralysis of the arm and leg, weakness, pain or numbness of the limbs, aphasia, loss of balance and more.
- Stress and stress-related illnessanxiety, insomnia, depression and more.
- Gastrointestinal disorders Stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, nausea, vomiting and more.
- Gynecological disorders Infertility,PMS (Premenstrual syndrome), painful period, no period, irregular period, menopause symptoms and more.